Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Episode XII

Castles

Over the past few days, it seems like I have had no time. It all started the day that I posted and titled it "time." Ironic.

At my job, we are preparing for a huge event coming up and there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day. Usually I stay up late so that I can get some time to relax, watch TV, play video games, write, read, whatever. Although, lately it just seems that all I want to do is go to bed. That's not very much like me.

However, it does seem to make the little time that I have with my family a little more special though. Kya (my 3 year old daughter) and I have a nightly tradition now that she simply calls "the carriage."

We sit on our fireplace and pretend that I am driving a horse-drawn carriage and am taking her to a ball. We wave at townspeople along the way, look at the trees on the road, and try to see the dragon cave in the mountains. When we arrive at the (pink) castle, we dance together while she and I sing "So This is Love" from Cinderella. Then we get back in the carriage and go home.

It's my favorite part of the day.

3 comments:

  1. How very special the carriage memories are for you and Kya. Not having any girls, we played fort, transformers etc. Still special times. Those will most likely come when Rylan gets older. You are a great father. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Seth, sooooo....is the pink castle and the Cinderella parallel Kya's facination? Or yours???? Hehe, just playin with you Bro! That'll be something she never forget's! Later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seth....only the good daddys play things like that with their little girls. i always knew you would be one of the good ones. Kya is very blessed. enjoy these days, they disappear before you can imagine!!

    ReplyDelete